I recently came across an article that demonstrated 12 useful tips about the iPhone that not everyone would know about. Out of the twelve I think I only knew 2, which was to hold the letter down and get alternative characters and holding '.com' down to bring up other domain extensions.
Here is the rest of the list of iPhone tips
- Scrolling to the top quickly! - browsing the web using your iPhone can be a daunting, repitive task, and finding shortcuts makes life so much easier. You can simply tap the top bar of the iphone i.e. where the time and battery bar is, to automaticallly scroll to the top!
- Domain URL Auto-completion - if your default search engine is set to Google, all you have to is type in the name of the website, and Safari will automatically add the URL prefix (www.) and the URL extension (.com)!
- URL Details - by holding your finger of top of a link, after a few seconds, a pop-up bubble will appear with the URLs details, such as the title and destination link!
- Screenshot - you can take a screenshot of whatever is on your iPhone by simply holding down the 'Home' button and tapping the 'Sleep' button.
- Saving Web Images - you can save images you find browsing Safari to your camera roll by pressing and holding your finger on the picture until it prompts you to either 'Save image as' or 'Cancel'.
- 'Home' button shortcut - by going into your iPhone settings you can set the shortcut for double-tapping your 'Home' button. I have set mine to take me back to my main menu!